This is an unusual title. What is its significance?
“Jump in and start swimming!” is a saying that the author’s mother often used to her son. It was her way of saying Trust in yourself; trust in God; don’t let fear rule your life!
What is this book about?
It’s a documentary and an illuminating window into a unique, lucrative career. It is also the inspiring story of the author’s life and includes his personal and business philosophies.
Will it help me find and get a job?
It will help. At the very least, it will give you insight into some fascinating new opportunities. (Note: The author has attached a blog to the book’s website that offers additional updated help to those who are interested in obtaining more detailed information. See www.KeyPublishingCompany.com.)
What are the main intentions of the book?
- To introduce a mostly unknown opportunity, including tips on finding a rewarding career
- To document the history of an amazingly successful 37-year career
- To offer a tribute to the people who contributed to—and who continue to contribute to—the author’s success
- To provide a memoir for the author’s children and grandchildren
What else does the book provide?
- It discusses the author’s philosophies and business do’s and don’ts.
- It provides inspiration because it is told by someone who has walked the walk, talked the talk, and actually done the job. The author discusses his father and mother arriving on Ellis Island during the first Great Depression and his own background as a first-generation American in “the projects” in a factory town.
- It provides information about ways to pay the bills while waiting for your career to launch.
- It discusses the importance of building and maintaining solid relationships as well as delineating the tools of the trade, selling skills, and giving great seminar presentations.
Does the book offer training tips or techniques?
Yes—there are many levels of information download in the book. Naughton tells you where you can easily and inexpensively find both personal and professional training and describes some of the techniques that enabled him to become one of the most successful and recognized wholesalers in the industry.